My remote is not controlling my Luxe, H, or I Series fan
Note: Since our IR remotes are universally programmed, no “pairing” is required. However, if you’re having trouble getting your remote to work, try the following:
- Make sure the clear plastic battery tab has been removed, a working battery is installed, you are within range, and you have direct line of sight to the fan/light you’re attempting to control.
- If the remote still does not work after satisfying the above requirements, there may be a another issue (see below).
For Luxe, H, and I Series Fans, try the following:
- Verify that the fan is receiving power by power cycling the fan.
To do this:
- Cut power to the fan via standard on/off wall switch, or the breaker if standard wall switch not applicable.
- Wait 30 seconds, and then restore power.
- The fan will beep once as it powers on (unless you have disabled beeps in the app) and blue LEDs on the bottom of the motor will light up.
- If you do not hear a beep, verify that the fan is wired correctly, as shown in the installation guides.
- Luxe Series
- H Series
- I Series
- If you do hear the fan beep during a power cycle, stand directly beneath the fan and attempt to use the IR remote. Depending on fan height and installation location, IR range can vary.
- If you’ve followed these steps and are still unable to use your IR remote, give us a call at 855-694-2458.